As you are aware we are all celebrating Creative Craft World’s 6th birthday. I can’t believe where the time has gone but I hope you have enjoyed our blog hop over the past week.
My project for our blog hop today is an altered door hanger, now this is the first time I have ever altered anything and it has taken me an age to get it done. I’m not much of a distress or altering type of girl.
To take part in our birthday blog hop and be in with a chance of winning what’s in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow you needed to visit one of our DT blogs each day and leave a comment.
So far you should have hopped from Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. If you haven’t already done then it’s OK to start now. :o)….go on get blog hopping through the rainbow.
Oh and last but not least, I’m offering a bit of surprise blog candy to someone who leaves a comment on this post today. A goody bag of crafty stash 🙂
I better get on and tell you about my project hadn’t I? Well as you can see we have done the rainbow but to finish it all off we have reached the pot of gold, so my colour today is gold.
Here it is hanging on the door:
I know there are no words on it yet but Poppy is deciding which alphabet she would like to have her name in so i haven’t been able to add it yet.
The close ups of the skeleton leaves and the roses.
How to make:
1. Choose your chipboard shape background and paint/mist with gold paint.
2. Paint PVA glue over the top and your gold and then paint straight over with white paint.
3. Leave to dry.
4. I then sanded around the edges to bring a little more of the gold through but you don’t have to do this if you would prefer not too.
5. Mist your skeleton leaves and leave to dry.
6. Dip your roses into PVA glue and then dip into gold glitter, wait to dry.
7. Glue your skeleton leaves onto the background.
8. Add your adhesive bling but make sure the glue from the leaves is dry before doing this.
7. Place your roses down and glue into position once happy.
8. Decorate with an organza bow.
9. Use another flourish on the bottom right hand corner.
10. Cut the stem off a rose and stick into position.
11. Use some more organza ribbon to create your handle.
12. Add your name in the alphabet of your choice.
Leave all to dry and then add to your door or wall.
Now hop across to the CCW Challenge blog and post a comment to be in with winning the goodies in the pot of gold.
Good LuckI would like to enter this into the following challenges